OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES! PHOTO BOOK & EXHIBITION WITH RIVE GAUCHE
Rive Gauche editions offers a great opportunity to publish a book of a photographer’s work. They are offering tailor-made support for the book’s publishing, as well as full financial support for the production and promotion of the book.
“ TO CONTEXTUALISE, BUILD TOGETHER, KEEP AN OPEN MIND AND GIVE OUR ARTISTS A WAY TO TELL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL STORIES, I BELIEVE THIS IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF OUR MÉTIER “
"Bandra Sentimental" ©Romain Sellier. Available at rivegauchegallery.com
Nicolas Huet-Greub, Fondateur 1718 paris and Rive Gauche gallery and editions, invites professional photographers to submit a personal serie which they would like to see published. Aimed at promoting artistic creation, this project will give the winner the support and finance to expand or cement a body of work through publishing and exhibition.
• Free entry and to all nationalities and ages. This call is aimed at all professional photographers.
• This book will act as a vessel for a body of work. To show contemporary photography, it seems important to offer CARTE BLANCHE, no specific theme imposed. The winner should see this book as a coherent work of art in itself, through conceptually driven concepts; the book and the photographs it contains expressing the singularity of his/her individual interpretation. Features such as format, lay-out, papers will be chosen in dialogue with the artist and depending on the nature of his/her project.
• rive gauche is looking for a flexible candidate who shares the experimental and curiosity values inspiring the editor’s approach.
• The submissions are accepted until the 7th of June 2020. The winner will become part of the multidisciplinary project, which will feature :
• A prestigious photographic book, published and promoted by rive gauche. The gallery will offer tailor-made support for the book’s publishing, as well as full financial support for the production and promotion of the book.
• A book-lauching event in Paris accompanied by a solo photographic exhibition displaying a short selection of the photographs.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in June 2020 and the gallery will organize meetings with each one of them to complete the choice on the elected candidate.
The preselection will be carried out based on the quality of the photographer’s overall work, the originality and feasibility of the book project.
CALENDAR Submissions open tuesday 5th of may 2020 Submissions deadline sunday 7th june 2020 Meetings with short-listed candidates june 2020 Election / Announcement of the winner july 2020 Lauching event / Exhibition november 2020
Floral design & photography by © Doan Ly. Limited and signed prints
Available at rivegauchegallery.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• SUBMISSION DEADLINE The applications should be submitted by 7th of may 2020. The candidates will be informed of the results of the call by the end of June. • SUBMISSION GUIDELINES The application should be packed in one zip file and be sent by wetransfer to the following : email@example.com
The submission dossier includes : - 1 or 2 photography series ( JPEG, RGB, 30 images maximum per serie) - A description of the project/photobook - Short biography, CV - Portfolio
"Play Ground" by Ricardo Gomes. Photography book and limited and signed prints available at rivegauchegallery.com
• PRODUCTION The gallery will instal a tailor-made process for the book’s publishing and promotion. All expenses of designing, pre-press, printing, distributing and promoting are covered by rive gauche. The number of copies printed will be depend on the nature of the work published. The gallery will not cover fees for writers and translation work in case the candidate includes texts in the publication.
This project also includes the organization of a launching event in Paris in november 2020. The costs of printing for this exhibited prints will be covered by the photographer.
• SELECTION A selection of candidates will be contacted in June 2020. The gallery will organize meetings with each one of them to chose the final candidate. The preselection will be carried out based on the quality of the photographer’s overall work, the originality of photo-book project and its financial and technical feasibility.
• COPYRIGHT The photographer owns the copyright of the submitted visuals and the image rights of the people photographed. Upon notice, the laureate gives the gallery the right to employ 2 ou 3 selected photos to support and promote its initiative.